Training Classes at the NSC
Do you know if your kids are safe online?
Click here to see our video!
National Safety Council * 11620 M Cir, Omaha, NE 68137
As parents, our number-one concern is our children. But in today’s world of social media and technology, do you know if your kids are truly safe?
Our children are at risk from sex traffickers and predators of all kinds and one of the number one ways they find our youth is through social media.
Set Me Free Project will discuss how we can keep our children safe on social media.
You will learn:
- How to help your child safely navigate social media and gaming platforms
- Current apps – the good, the bad, and the ugly
- What the grooming process is and how predators use social media to groom our kids.
- What social-media acronyms parents must know
- Our kids brain on social media: The science of social media, how does social media affect kids
- Sexual images and social media
- Privacy laws and our kids’ phones
- How to communicate with your child/teenager
Your child will learn:
In-depth internet and social media safety, including:
- Friends and followers – knowing who to trust on-line
- How to properly use privacy and location settings
- Predators and dangerous situations, including sex trafficking
- How to evaluate apps (and how to use them) to ensure your safety and reputation
- How social media use can impact your future
You will be equipped with information you need to keep your kids safe online and help them understand their unique and intrinsic value.