Do You Need Help?
If you believe that you, or a friend, are in a dangerous situation, relationship, or possibly the target of a predator, get help and tell a trusted adult immediately. If you have been approached online or in person, or have seen something that may be sex trafficking…
Call the National Trafficking Hotline at: 1-888-373-7888 (888-3737-888)
Or Text the National Trafficking Hotline at: BeFree 233733
Or call 911 if in immediate danger
Traffickers Can Be Anyone And Look Like Anyone
Signs of a possible trafficker:
- Gets jealous easily and seems controlling or exhibits violent behavior.
- Is significantly older.
- Promises things that seem too good to be true.
- Encourages you to engage in illegal activities to achieve your goals.
- Suggests that they know how to help you make a lot of money.
- Buys expensive gifts or flashes money.
- Won’t tell you much about his/her profession, family, or personal life.
- Gets pushy or demanding about sex.
- Wants to take suggestive photos and/or encourages you to model or dance for money.
- Makes you feel responsible about financial matters.